Ankita told me it’s my time to go out and have fun: Vicky on TV acting debut

Akash Bhatnagar (HINDUSTAN TIMES; October 19, 2024)

After his stint in multiple reality shows with his wife, actor Ankita Lokhande, Vicky Jain is all set to venture into his partner’s profession. The businessman is making his TV acting debut with the show Fauji 2, and he is quite excited about it: “I’m fortunate enough to be acting. By now, I have gained a little experience in facing the camera. So, that was not difficult, but I must say that acting is a serious business. Usually, Ankita helps me out. This is the first time she’s not around, and I had that fear in my mind. But then she told me that it’s my time to just go out and have fun.”

Crediting his wife for her full support, Jain says, “Ankita has been my rock. She boosts my confidence saying, ‘Yes, you can do it and I’m going to be there’.”

Fauji 2 takes the legacy of actor Shah Rukh Khan’s acting debut project (Fauji, 1989) ahead, and Jain says that they have the superstar’s approval: “Sandeep (Singh, producer) informed him, and he was quite happy about it. We might visit him soon and take his blessings.”

Ask Jain why the show chose to air on Doordarshan and not on any General Entertainment Channels (GEC) or OTT platforms and he says, “The TRP of Doordarshan is much bigger than any other GEC because it is widely watched in remote areas, where cables and dishes are still non-existent. Secondly, Doordarshan is planning to reinvent themselves. They are planning to come with their OTT channel as well.”