Bhagyashree: One must not copy diet of their favourite stars, it can be dangerous

Amina Ashraf (BOMBAY TIMES; October 2, 2024)

Bhagyashree, fondly remembered for her debut film, Maine Pyaar Kiya with Salman Khan is again winning hearts as she gradually paves her way back on the big screen. Seen in Sajini Shinde ka Viral Video, the heartthrob actress was in Lucknow sometime back and spoke to us about the change she witnessed on the film sets compared to her times.

She recalled, “One good change is that now every artist on the set gets access to basic amenities like having a clean makeup room and a toilet, that was not in our times. During outdoor shoots, we used to knock on people’s doors to let us use the loo or change clothes.”

However, now you have these fancy vanity vans and special rooms for every artist. Secondly, I am extremely proud to see a lot of women on the set, during our times most of them would be all men on set. This is an extremely welcoming change that women are pulling up their socks now.”

‘I hope Lucknow keeps calling me’
Bhagyashree also talked about her desire to shoot in Lucknow to spend more time in the city. Talking about it, she said, “The trip to Lucknow has always been short, where I come for events, meet friends and shop. But I would like to shoot in Lucknow to stay here for quality time. I hope the city keeps calling me. Both my children have managed to shoot in Lucknow, and they have fond memories of the city of the food, tehzeeb, mehmannawazi and the people.”

‘My children were the ones who pushed me to start working again’
The actress gives credit to her children for pushing her to get back on the screen. Bhagyashree said, “Honestly, I have been doing films sporadically till now because of different reasons that kept coming between in my personal life. Family has been my priority throughout my children’s growing years. It was when my daughter went to London to study, she called me up and said, ‘Mummy aap kaam karna shuru kardo, warna aap pagal ho jaoge’. Hence, my children were the ones who pushed me to start working again.”

‘You can enjoy doing your work without taking any stress on your head'
Sharing insights into her approach to selecting roles and her mindset regarding the kinds of characters she desires to portray now, Bhagyashree expressed, “I believe, I didn’t choose the roles, the roles itself chose me. I am going with the flow right now without being particular about the roles. One thing I am clear about is that I don’t want to be a piece of furniture in a scene. It could be a 10-minute role, but it should have some curve and arc to it that changes the story. At the end of the film, you feel ki yeh character nahi hota toh film nahi hoti. I don’t have to play the main lead, it doesn’t matter, but the character should define the storyline. Also, the perks of working at this age are that you don’t have the stress of saying the movie was a flop or a hit because of me. You can enjoy doing your work without taking any stress on your head.”