Kailash Kher says he is separated from his wife

HINDUSTAN TIMES (September 29, 2024)

Singer Kailash Kher opened up for the first time about his marriage in a recent interview. After tying the knot with Sheetal Kher, who is 11 years younger to him in 2009, he shared that they separated within a couple of years.

“I am sharing this for the first time. I am married and have a son he’s 14 years old, his name is Kabir. But within two or three years of marriage, despite being with the family, I am alone. We are now separated. So everything is fine,” he told Raj Shamani in a podcast.

Speaking about how the relationship began, Kher said, “Ours was an arranged marriage. I am an artiste; it would have been difficult for me to have an arranged marriage. My parents had passed away so some friends introduced us,” he told Raj Shamani on his podcast, adding, “Artistes find themselves stuck on two occasions; with bankers, and with arranged marriages. The banks don’t trust us, nor do those looking for arranged marriages, because our income is not steady. We live life king-size, but these two are sceptical of us.”

The 51-year-old added, “So many people feel sorry after hearing this and say ‘I am sorry to hear this’ But hey you shut up, I am sorry for you, look at you, despite having everything you are so alone. And I, despite being alone, am connected with everyone.”