KALKI IS MARRIED AGAIN,
RECALLS BEING ‘NOBODY’
IN HER FIRST MARRIAGE

The actor announces marriage to Guy Hershberg and reflects on the challenges of past relationships, including marriage to Anurag Kashyap
HINDUSTAN TIMES (September 29, 2024)

Actor Kalki Koechlin has earlier spoken about having no plans to get married to her live-in partner and even being trolled for having a child out of wedlock. Now, she has revealed that she is married.

Speaking to Hauterrfly, the actor said that she is married to Israeli musician Guy Hershberg, with whom she has a four-year daughter, Sappho.

While discussing relationships, the 40-year-old was asked if she could pull off being in a polyamorous relationship, and she said, “Now that I am married and have a kid, I don’t think I got time for that sh*t, because you just don’t even have time to see your own partner. But I think that it has happened in the past... I think you have to be very specific about your rules and boundaries.”

Koechlin was previously married to filmmaker Anurag Kashyap from 2011 to 2015. In the same interview, she said that it’s rare to find a man “who is comfortable with you being selfied while he is sidelined”.

“I actually was in that position in my first marriage. In the start, I was a nobody and Anurag Kashyap was so big and I was always on the sidelines and it’s not easy,” she confessed, adding, “I was a lot younger back then and I was finding it difficult. I always wanted to run away with him to go to inaccessible places. But now, I think I’ve accepted that it’s a part of life and now I’ve become very private about my life.”