SONU ON
ZAYN’S LOVE
FOR ABHI
MUJH MEIN:
PRAISING ME
SHOWS HIS
OWN HUMILITY

Soumya Vajpayee (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 20, 2024)

British singer Zayn Malik is a fan of singer Sonu Nigam’s song Abhi Mujh Mein Kahin from the 2012 film Agneepath. Recently, in an interview with Diet Paratha, the former One Direction member spoke about his favourite Hindi track and said, “My favourite Hindi song is Abhi Mujh Mein Kahin sung by Sonu Nigam. It is an incredible track and I would do no justice to it if I sing it. But maybe, at some point on my tour in the future, I might attempt it.”

Mention this to Sonu, and the singer says, “That’s so sweet. Zayn is a bright and talented singer. Because of Nevaan (Nigam; his son), I have heard a lot of his songs, including Pillowtalk, Dusk Till Dawn and A Whole New World. Praising me shows his own humility. I am all smiles.”

Penned by lyricist Amitabh Bhattacharya and composed by music director duo Ajay-Atul, the award-winning song was picturized on actors Hrithik Roshan and Priyanka Chopra Jonas in the film.