Aishwarya Sakhuja on negative role in Ye Hai Chahatein: No other role has excited me until I was offered Ahana
Hasti Doshi (BOMBAY TIMES; July 28, 2024)

Aishwarya Sakhuja recently spoke about being a certified trainer in fundamentals of regression therapy and how she plans to pursue it as a profession. This led to many people to wonder whether she has quit acting.

Clearing the air around it, she says, “I feel people have misunderstood and misinterpreted what I have said. Why would I quit acting? While I am waiting for a good project to come my way, I can pursue something else, too. I am happy that I did a course in inner child regression therapy and got my certification last month, but that doesn’t mean I plan to switch careers. I will always remain an actor and it really upset me when some people assumed that I had quit the profession.”

The actress, who is known for shows like Saas Bina Sasural and Yeh Hai Aashiqui, says she wants to take up roles that interest her. “Today, I do not want to compromise and take up a project that is not up to my liking. I don’t want to do regressive shows and have always tried to do something different. This is my personal choice and I believe in doing what makes me happy. I’m sure good roles will come my way, like they always have.”

Talking about what prompted her to pursue a course in inner child regression therapy, Aishwarya says, “I wanted to utilize my time in a productive manner, and also learn a new skill set altogether. I have been constantly auditioning for projects in different mediums, but TV is always going to be home to me. It has given me all that I have today.”
----------------------------------------
There was a time when I was desperate and ready to take up the next project that came my way. But thankfully, I had the right people guiding me, so I chose my projects wisely.