If I compare my journey with Vaani’s, I would be bitter and sad, says Anushka

Akash Bhatnagar (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 22, 2024)

Anushka Ranjan is set to return to acting after five years with a show, Mixture, where she plays a grey character. While she admits she “may not have made the most right decisions” initially in her career, she is now set to get into acting full throttle. “I’ve always been open to working, but it’s unfortunate that not a lot of good stuff came my way. I am not the happiest about it, but I have taken it with a pinch of salt, and it’s just the beginning,” she says.

Ranjan is best friends with actor Vaani Kapoor, and her sister, Akansha Ranjan, is buddies with actor Alia Bhatt. Ask her if Vaani and Alia’s successful acting careers ever made her question her own decisions, and she says, “It is very easy to feel that way, but if I go into comparisons, I will be a very bitter and sad person. I have such a beautiful relationship with Vaani, and even our mums get together and talk about our flaws. I went to Alia’s home recently to play with Raha (Kapoor; Alia’s daughter). If I put the comparisons in mind, I would lose out on such beautiful moments.”

In the last five years, Anushka tried her hand at production. Does she plan to take it on full-time? “I would love to, but looking at the situation of the industry right now, it isn’t easy. Even the biggest production houses today are having problems in getting their work through. All the producers are having a hard time surviving today and I don’t want to put myself in that space,” she ends.