Shraddha Kapoor thanked me for mentioning her in interviews: Abhay Verma
Akash Bhatnagar (HINDUSTAN TIMES; June 28, 2024)

With the unexpected success of Munjya, actor Abhay Verma finds himself in a new phase of his career, admitting, “I only sleep 3-4 hours a day now, but I feel rejuvenated. I never expected to be checking box office numbers on Saturdays!”

The 25-year-old had long wanted to work with Munjya’s producer Dinesh Vijan since seeing his earlier production, Cocktail (2012). He missed an opportunity to work in Angrezi Medium (2020), a regret he still holds.

“I regret not taking that role as it was Irrfan (Khan, actor) sir’s last film. Just standing next to him would have been my biggest award,” shares Verma. The actor passed on the role because he had received an offer for a leading role in another film, which eventually fell through.

Verma’s mention of replacing actors Alia Bhatt and Shraddha Kapoor in Munjya grabbed headlines, and at the film’s success celebration, he met Kapoor, who thanked him for mentioning her in interviews. “She said, ‘Thanks for mentioning me. I wanted to be associated with this project, and when you mentioned my name, it felt good’,” Verma recalls.