I FELL IN  LOVE WITH  MUMBAI  AT FIRST  SIGHT:  RADHIKA

Vinay MR Mishra (BOMBAY TIMES; February 10, 2024)

Radhika Madan, who hails from Delhi, moved to Mumbai to pursue a career in acting and instantly fell in love with the city. “I came to Mumbai in 2014, and it was love at first sight for me,” she says. As Valentine’s Day draws close, Radhika tells us about her romance with the city of dreams – Mumbai.

“I still remember my first day in the city, it seems very filmi to me. My father and I were travelling in a taxi with the windows rolled down, and I was enjoying the wind on my face. My father was whining about the small roads and houses, but I had turned a deaf ear to it because I was taking it all in and falling in love with every inch of the city,” the Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota actress recalls.

Calling Mumbai, a city that “feels like home” Radhika adds, “I am from Delhi, and I never thought that I would fall in love with another city. Mumbai has given me everything that I have today. It is a city for dreamers. It does test you, but it also supports and hugs you whenever needed. It fulfils all your dreams. And even if they don’t come true, it makes you realize why those dreams were not fulfilled. I do believe that there is a certain magic in the air of Mumbai.”

She also mentions, "I love walking down Marine Drive and having kacchi kairi with extra masala. It was one of the first things that I tried in Mumbai."

What is the most Mumbaiyaa thing that she has done? Ask her and she replies, "I have danced at a Ganpati procession with strangers. It was absolutely fun."