It is a God-sent opportunity: Sachin on his Ram bhajan
Kavita Awaasthi (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 22, 2024)

Sachin Pilgaonkar is revisiting his past after 49 years. After lip syncing to Mangal Bhawan Amangal Haari in the film Geet Gaata Chal (1975) that he starred in, now the senior actor has re-rendered the song on the occasion of the Ram Temple inaugural today. Pilgaonkar, who has sung over 200 songs, debuted in the devotional space and lent his voice for Ramayan Ki Chaupaiyan Ram Siya Ram.

“It is a God-sent opportunity for me. Few chaupaiyans were picturized on me in my first lead role and people do relate them with me. That’s why the makers felt I’d be apt for this. Ek madhur bhaav hai inmein,” he says. While the original was sung by Jaspal Singh with music and lyrics by Ravindra Jain, this song has been composed by Deepak Pandit.

Looking forward to the ceremony in Ayodhya today, the 66-year-old actor and filmmaker says, “I can’t wait to go to Ayodhya, but I will go there jab Ram ji bulayenge. Nothing can happen without his wish. I am waiting for that call. For now, I am happy that I was able to connect with him through this song. I will be singing the song at home during the ceremony. Main aankhen band karke Ram ji ke darshan man mein kar loonga,” he ends.