‘Every 10 metres, there is a portrait of Ram on the way to Ayodhya’
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 22, 2024)

Anu Malik landed in Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) yesterday and travelled to Ayodhya by road. “My travel to the city was amazing. Every 10 metres, there’s a portrait of Ram on the way to Ayodhya. It’s such a beautiful feeling,” says the composer, who is excited about being part of the Ram Mandir consecration ceremony today.

Sharing how he feels about being on the guest list, Malik says, “The feeling right now is unbelievable, indescribable and amazing. It’s a very emotional moment for me. I feel blessed that I have been invited. I will stay in Ayodhya today and return to Mumbai tomorrow.”

He adds, “My bhajan Ram Ka Dham, sung by Kailash Kher, is among the seven bhajans tweeted by our honourable Prime Minister Narendra Modi ji. I am really happy about that too.”

Malik is representing his entire family in Ayodhya. He shares, “I got new ethnic clothes stitched, keeping the occasion in mind. I thank our PM and the Ram bhakts for making this moment possible. My family has told me what they want me to pray at the ceremony today. I will be praying on everyone’s behalf.”