SRK will give  his life for that  one shot:  Farah
Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; December 4, 2023)

In SRK’s recent hit film, Jawan, directed by Atlee, the two made people swoon to Chaleya (choreographed by Farah), and the hook step from the number went viral. Ask Farah about how she goes about choreographing her dance steps for SRK, and she says, “Shah Rukh and I have worked together for 32 years. Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa (1994) was our first film. He always jokes and says, ‘Farah doesn’t make me do what everyone can do, she makes everyone do what I can do’. And in turn, I always ask him, ‘Am I choreographing you, or am I choreographing everyone else according to you?’”

Revisiting their latest collaboration, Farah, who has choreographed SRK for numbers like Ruk Ja O Dil Deewane (Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge) and Chaiyya Chaiyya (Dil Se), says, “For Chaleya, we had choreographed two-three hook steps, and the one that got finalised is the one I knew he could pull off really well. He was also very clear that the step should be such that it excites people to make reels. A hook step is a combination of making unusual moves and simple moves that everyone, from uncles to kids, can perform. There is no point in coming up with difficult hook steps which dancers can do in films, but everyone else can’t.”

The director-choreographer says that what she likes about Shah Rukh is his never-say-never attitude. “He’s the best I have worked with. I have met so many actors who refuse to do things. But Shah Rukh isn’t like that. In fact, I am so besharam that sometimes, while he is doing a step cutely, I burst out laughing. Then he (getting conscious) says, ‘Change this step, change this step’. So, he always keeps a check on me through my assistants. He asks them to keep an eye on me and inform him if I start laughing.”

‘SRK will try everything’
“People often ask me who’s the worst dancer (among actors) that I have worked with. I think that the worst dancer is always the person who will not try. Shah Rukh doesn’t say ‘no’ to anything. Whatever idea I give him, he will give it a shot. I have met so many actors who just refuse to do things, but Shah Rukh isn’t like that. Shah Rukh will try everything. He will give his life for that one shot,” says Farah.

 SRK will give  his life for that  one shot:  Farah