It was bachpana: Sunny Deol opens up on former feud with Shah Rukh Khan
HINDUSTAN TIMES (September 11, 2023)

Their feud was the talk of the town when their film Darr (1993) released. While Shah Rukh Khan and Sunny Deol, the leading stars of the film remained tight lipped until now, their hug at the latter’s party recently warmed hearts.

Speaking up about what transpired and their reconciliation on India TV’s talk show, Deol said, “Woh zamana (those days) when it happened, that was a different time. I say, people forget what happened in those days. One understands such things should not have happened. It was bachpana (childish), definitely. After that, Shah Rukh and I met several times and spoke to each other about many things. We also talked about some movies. This time, he was watching my film with his entire family. And he called me up. Toh sab cheezen bahut badhiya hai. Sab kuch bahut badhiya (everything is fine now),” he said.

Meanwhile, his equation with another Khan, Salman has always been one of mutual respect. In fact, he was the first one to congratulate Deol on his film Gadar 2’s opening day collections. Deol added, “Salman and I have a different equation. Obviously, I’m senior to him. When I used to work, he used to come on the set. ...Hamesha... He had a good bond with Papa (Dharmendra)... And so that give and take, which is with very few people, was there...”