Mohit Raina’s first birthday as a dad is all about being with family
Syeda Eba Fatima (HINDUSTAN TIMES; August 14, 2023)

This year, Mohit Raina’s birthday carries an extra layer of significance as he embraces the joy of spending it with his wife, Aditi Sharma, and daughter for the first time. The actor, known for his role in Devon ke Dev Mahadev, shares that this conscious decision was prompted by a desire to savour the small yet precious moments of life.

“For the first time, I’ll be celebrating my birthday not only with my [six-month-old] daughter but also with my wife. Over the past three years, circumstances prevented us from coming together on this day. Whether it was the pandemic, work commitments, or other engagements, I missed celebrating with Aditi. This year, I deliberately chose to take time off to be with family and cherish these moments,” says Raina, who married Sharma in December 2021.

As he turns 42 today, the actor discusses the profound joy of being present to see his daughter grow up: “Friends told me how quickly kids grow up. I didn’t want to miss these early moments of fatherhood, so I decided to prioritize family. I was uncertain about taking a break, but I’m content with my decision. Being there to see her when I wake up and before I go to sleep is invaluable.”

While highlighting his preference for intimate celebrations, he shares, “I’m not inclined towards extravagant parties or social gatherings, as I’m an introvert. I attend events when necessary.” 

Revealing the most cherished birthday gift he has received, Raina shares a poignant anecdote about a letter left behind by his father before his passing: “The letter is a treasure trove of blessings and guidance, containing life lessons and rules to follow. It’s akin to a gift from the divine. During moments of doubt or difficulty, I turn to the letter for solace and guidance.”