Won’t do a remake again: Kartik after Shehzada failure
HINDUSTAN TIMES (August 7, 2023)

Actor Kartik Aaryan has finally opened up about the dismal box-office performance of his film Shehzada, which released in February this year. The Rohit Dhawan directorial was a remake of the 2020 Telugu film Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo, starring Allu Arjun.

Aaryan told BBC Asian Network, “I think the biggest perspective that I got was that I would not do a remake film. This is actually the first time that I was doing [that], so it was a different experience. While filming, I didn’t realise it, but later I realized that people have already seen it and I don’t see them spending money and going to the theatres to watch the same thing again.”

The 32-year-old, last seen in the film Satyaprem Ki Katha, added, “It is a big thing (not doing remakes), because every now and then there’s a script that is a remake. But, I’ve decided that I would not enjoy it. I would not like to do something that somebody has done.”