Turkish star Burak Deniz grooves to Salman Khan's song during India visit

On his first visit to India, Turkish actor Burak Deniz said he is curious about the country’s culture and lifestyle
Niharika Lal (BOMBAY TIMES; May 9, 2023)

Turkish actor Burak Deniz, who was recently on a visit to India, said that it was his first visit to the country and he will be back soon. During a session at FICCI Frames in Mumbai, Deniz realised the massive fan following he had in the country, with many fans requesting selfies and videos with him.

At his FICCI Frames session, Burak spoke a couple of lines in English and then chatted in Turkish, which was translated to Hindi via his translator, who had joined on video call from Turkey.

Turkish producer Stare Yildirim, who had joined him on stage, said, “I want to say why are we doing this and connecting a professor from Turkey – it’s because we want to respect all languages and that’s why we didn’t do it (the translation) just in English.”

‘REALLY IMPRESSED WITH INDIA’S HOSPITALITY’
Even though some of what Burak expressed was lost in translation, the rapt audience was keen to find out what he had to say. Burak shared that what struck him when he landed here – and what he’s gonna remember from his visit – is spicy food, warm people and hot weather.

He said, “Your weather is hot. It is too hot! It is my first visit to India and I was always really curious about the culture and lifestyle of the country. It was a quick visit, but I’d like to come again soon. I was really impressed with the hospitality, but I must say that Indian food is really, really spicy.”

‘PK IS MY FAVOURITE FILM FROM INDIA’
Burak Deniz, who is a popular name among fans of Turkish shows across the world, spoke about his upcoming projects and passion for acting. “In the beginning, acting was like a job for me, but it eventually became my passion. Now, it is indeed much more than a job. I find peace in acting. Whenever I pick a film or series, I ensure that I’m not repeating roles.”

Burak, who recently posted a video of him grooving to Salman Khan’s songs, also talked about Bollywood. “PK is my favourite film from India, and I have great respect for Aamir Khan. He is the greatest actor in the world. If I have to do an Indo-Turkish co-production, then I’d like to collaborate with Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra and PK director (Rajkumar Hirani).”