‘Baba, mumma once booked  a water park on my birthday’
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; May 16, 2023)

Babil’s life is all about work currently and his birthday was no different. The actor, who turned 25 yesterday (May 15), spent his day shooting for his next. He, in fact, reveals that his family doesn’t believe in special celebrations.

“We’ve never celebrated birthdays. Sometimes I even forget when my birthday is. I don’t know the reason for this, but it’s always been this way. I remember when I was young, baba (late actor Irrfan) and mumma (writer Sutapa Sikdar) booked a water park for me and my friends. That was a good birthday,” Babil shares.

The actor adds that since work makes him happy, “working on my birthday felt like the perfect plan”. Sharing what he did after finishing work, Babil says, “I spent some time with maa when I wrapped up my work. I could not have asked for more.”

Ask how’s life been after making his acting debut with the web film Qala and the actor gushes: “Life has been different in terms of being recognized in public now, which I really enjoy. I like interacting with people (his fans).”