Aaliya: On what basis is Nawaz asking for my kids’ custody?
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; April 3, 2023)

In a settlement proposal sent by Nawazuddin Siddiqui to his estranged wife, producer Aaliya Siddiqui, the actor is seeking custody of their children — daughter Shora (13) and son Yaani Siddiqui (7). Aaliya claims Nawazuddin didn’t play any part in raising their children and has no basis to seek their custody.

“His lawyers have sent us settlement papers. He has asked for the kids to stay with him, which is not possible at all. They have been with me since birth and don’t even want to go to their father. He has been an absent father since the beginning. A dad has many more responsibilities besides sending money. He never gave them a father’s love. On what basis is he asking for their custody? Pehle apne farz nibhana toh seekho, learn to look after them. Only I have the right to my kids’ custody,” Aaliya tells us.

She continues, “Nawaz didn’t give enough time to our children. Kishton mein pyaar mila hai bacchon ko. My daughter is 13 now and she can see how ugly things are between us (Aaliya and Nawaz). My son is very young and papa is one word he says rarely, because he hasn’t met him enough. He knows he has a papa, but he doesn’t know much about a father’s love or presence.”

Nawazuddin and Aaliya have been involved in an ugly feud for a while now and they wish to settle the disputes and get divorced. “My life with Nawaz has not been a pleasant one. He has changed as a person. The kids are suffering from an emotional upheaval and their studies are getting affected, too. So, I just want to get rid of his surname. I am not after anyone’s money. Bas sukoon chahiye ab,” states Aaliya.

She reveals that their kids want to stay in India, but Nawazuddin is forcing them to go to Dubai.

“My daughter is requesting him to not send them to Dubai. The kids have not met him in the last 10 months. While he wants to meet, the kids don’t want to,” she claims.

Aaliya: On what basis is Nawaz asking for my kids’ custody?