Anupamaa Update: Anupamaa and all the other ladies of the house extend their solemn support towards Maaya

The actress talks about a unique gift that she received
Hasti Doshi (BOMBAY TIMES; April 10, 2023)

Rupali Ganguly was pleasantly surprised recently when she got to know that somebody had adopted an elephant on her behalf. A fan from Canada adopted an elephant called Mayan, which is in Kenya with the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. Incidentally, Rupali wasn’t even aware of this; it was brought to her notice by one of her friends.

Rupali shares, “One of my writer friends saw it on Instagram and told me about it. That’s when I got to know that this girl had adopted the elephant last year on my birthday and she has done it this year, too. I was overwhelmed. I missed seeing her message on social media last year, but I am glad I got to know about this beautiful gesture. I always say that I have the spirit of tigress, the soul of an elephant and the loyalty of a dog.”

Talking about her wish to meet elephant Mayan, the Anupamaa actress says, “I am very fond of elephants and I hope that I am able to visit Kenya someday and meet elephant Mayan. I would love to do that. I haven’t yet spoken to Sandhya Bodapati, who has done this for me. My team has connected with her and I’ll speak to her soon.”

HOW CAN YOU ADOPT AN ELEPHANT?
Visit the website of a wildlife trust, which allows the adoption process from anywhere around the world. Select whichever one you wish to adopt for a year and make the payment online. The funds received go towards food and blankets for the elephants, arrangements for their sleeping areas, etc.