Bobby says no one took him seriously as  an actor: Stardom dies
Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; April 10, 2023)

Bobby Deol’s chiselled physique has left internet users awestruck. The actor, set to be seen next in the film Animal alongside actor Ranbir Kapoor, believes in the adage ‘Age is just a number’, for he feels it’s all in the mind.

“Age is not even a parameter; you need to put your mind to it. It’s the most important thing, or else you won’t be able to enjoy your success. During failure, you’ll be even worse, so you need to take care of your health,” the 54-year-old tells us.

And when it comes to failure, Deol is self-admittedly nonchalant. As someone who has seen a fair share of highs and lows in his 28-year long career in films, he doesn’t shy away from acknowledging them.

“I knew that if I fall, my parents would always be the cushion. But, the fall [still] hurts,” he says, adding, “Stardom doesn’t last long. I was a star once, and it died. No one took me seriously as an actor. I knew I had the potential, but nobody gave me any opportunity. I chose scripts that didn’t work for me... So, I tried working on myself as an actor.”

The issue of acceptance, he believes, is something that will linger on in society. “Human beings are selfish. There is a time when everybody wants you and there will be a time when nobody will want you. I have been through that. I fought back and realised I have to make them (people) want me,” says the Love Hostel actor.

He goes on to add, “To do that, one needs to maintain a positive energy. It is very difficult, there are weak moments. Sometimes, during the day, I feel absolutely happy and then in the middle of the day, I feel weak and at night, I’m happy again. We all go through it.”