Swini Khara: We are looking at a winter wedding
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 3, 2023)

Actor Swini Khara, who won hearts as actor Amitabh Bachchan’s nine-year-old neighbour in Cheeni Kum (2007), is now engaged. The 24-year-old took to Instagram on Wednesday to share dreamy pictures from her engagement to Urvish Desai.

Revealing that it was an arranged match, the Baa Bahoo Aur Baby actor tells us, “I met Urvish a few months ago. My parents had been searching [for a match]. When I met him, we clicked immediately as we are very similar in nature. We spoke for a few months and decided to take the leap only after we got to know each other well. He’s a gem of a person.”

The wedding is set for later this year: “We want a winter wedding, but the dates aren’t finalized yet.”

On the work front, Khara, who was last seen in the 2016 film M S Dhoni - The Untold Story, has “moved away slightly from acting”. Currently working at a law firm, she tells us, “After studying law in Hyderabad for four years, I was abroad for an exchange programme and returned only in 2021. [Before that], I had left acting because I had to pay attention to my studies.”

And while she is still offered films and shows, Khara is “happy” with the career switch. “Earlier, I wanted to give priority to university. Now, it’s law... But, if I do come across interesting scripts, I will try to go ahead with them,” she ends.