‘LIFE DOES
NOT END
BUT
BEGINS
IN YOUR
60s’
Anupam Kher, who turned 68 recently, does inspiring things so that people stop saying ‘even at this age’
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 9, 2023)

Anupam Kher’s zeal to learn refuses to slow down. For instance, the actor is learning swimming now. It’s inspiring to see him continue to pick up life skills one after the other.

“It is just to prove everybody wrong — and to tell them to stop using the phrase, ‘Even at this age!’ I do it so that even after a certain age, people don’t stereotype older [people] that after this age, life comes to an end,” he says.

“Life begins in the 60s, because you know yourself as a person. You don’t want to prove anything,” adds Kher, who turned 68 recently. He has been on a dream run since 2022, with The Kashmir Files and Uunchai (both 2022) both doing really well at the box office.

“I am doing a film that requires me to learn swimming, so that helped. Last year, I posted a picture of my bare body to inspire people, even youngsters. I could never learn swimming until now. I tried it once in New York, but my schedule couldn’t align,” shares the actor.

Does the actor ever feel the pressure to always behave like a role model? “I don’t do things for other people. Because I do it for myself, it automatically happens for others. If I have to plan to do it for others, then there is no joy. I owe it to myself to keep finding new challenges. In fact, at my age, your mind is so developed, you have already lived a certain amount of years. You don’t have a fear of failure. I don’t. It allows me to do so many things,” Kher sums it up.