Anees Bazmee rules out ‘creative differences’ as reason for leaving Hera Pheri 3
Syeda Eba Fatima (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 9, 2023)

Filmmaker-screenwriter Anees Bazmee recently set the record straight on speculation that he had stepped away from Hera Pheri 3 citing creative differences. Bazmee had tweeted: “My words have been misquoted regarding the announcement of Hera Pheri 3.”

Now, in an exclusive interview, Bazmee shares the whole truth, saying. “Creative differences tab hote hain jab aap ke paas koi cheez aati hai aur aap us par discussion karte hain. With Hera Pheri 3, writers wanted to narrate the story. But before that, I had to figure out a lot of things like my dates and my state of mind. How could I have creative differences if I hadn’t read the script?”

The lead actors of the film, Akshay Kumar, Paresh Rawal and Suniel Shetty, recently shot for an announcement promo of the film, which is expected to go on floors soon.

“Firoz (Nadiadwala) bhai said, ‘Anees, yeh donon films (Welcome 3 and Hera Pheri 3) aap kariye’. But I told him, ‘Bhai, nahin ho payega’,” shares the director, adding, “I’ve never been accused of plagiarism. I’d never want that to happen in the future either. I understand if someone takes away some element of a script that I have written. So, main koshish karta hoon ki tabhi script sunoon, jab baaki cheezein sorted ho.”