Shefali Jariwala birthday special: There’s just one Kanta Laga girl in the whole world

Hasti Doshi (BOMBAY TIMES; March 1, 2023)

Shefali Jariwala began 2023 on a difficult note. She was to perform at an event in Indore when she had a fall and severely injured her hand and had to get 25 stitches. It took her a while to heal completely. 

She says, “I was injured a day before the event and was advised to not perform because of the stitches. But it was a New Year’s event and I felt professionally, it wouldn’t be right to opt out at the last minute. So, I went ahead with my performance, but my hand started bleeding on stage and I was in pain. I guess that’s the reason it took a long time for the injury to heal, but I am fine now.”

On the personal front, Shefali has been married to actor Parag Tyagi for seven years. The two had spoken about their plans to adopt a child in the past. However, it was delayed owing to the pandemic. Shefali says, “I feel everything has its own time and things that are supposed to happen will happen.” 

Sharing the reason, Shefali says, “Everything changed during the lockdown. The intention is still there, but I am scared. The two years of the pandemic made me feel very uncertain of the future, I have lost too many close ones in this period, which has made me realize that life is fragile. I am scared to become a parent now, but Parag is ready. I believe you should bring home your baby only when you are ready and confident; not just financially stable, but also mentally stable. I have just taken a step back and will wait until I feel confident to take that step in life.”

As for work, Shefali, who is best known as the Kaanta Laga girl and for her stint in Bigg Boss 13, is now focusing on OTT. “I have already shot for three web shows. As an artiste, I want to explore more, no matter what the medium is. Finally, people are seeing me beyond the glamour and I am being offered roles with substance.”