RRR continues to roar: Wins two Critics Choice Awards

BOMBAY TIMES (January 17, 2023)

Director S S Rajamouli’s RRR continued its award-winning spree by bagging two awards at the 28th edition of the Critics Choice Awards Best Foreign Film and Best Song for Naatu Naatu.

While accepting the honour, Rajamouli paid tribute to the women in his life. “To all the women in my life, my mother Rajnandani, she thought school education was overrated and she encouraged me to read comics and story books and encouraged my creativity. My sister-in-law Sreevalli, who became like a mother to me, she always encourages me to be the best version of myself,” he said, adding, “My wife Rama, she is a costume designer of my films, but more than that she is the designer of my life. If she is not there, I am not here today. To my daughters, they don’t do anything, just their smile is enough to light my life up,” he said.

Before signing out, the director added, “Finally to my motherland, India, Bharat, mera Bharat mahan. Jai Hind. Thank you.”
------------------------------------
HINDUSTAN TIMES (January 17, 2023)

After bagging a Golden Globe for Best Original Song for Naatu Naatu recently, director S S Rajamouli’s RRR (2022) has registered a double win at the 28th Critics Choice Awards. While Naatu Naatu won the Critics Choice Award for Best Song, the Ram Charan and Jr NTR-starrer also won the Best Foreign Language Film title. The event was held in Los Angeles (USA) on Sunday (Monday in India).

In his acceptance speech, Rajamouli dedicated the win to the women in his life. At the end, he said “Jai Hind”, adding, “Finally to my motherland, India, Bharat. Mera Bharat mahaan.”