SIDHARTH
MALHOTRA
PLAYS RAPID
FIRE, ANSWERS
INTERESTING
FAN QUESTIONS
As the Shershah actor turns 38, here’s a special something to make his fans go ‘dil maange more’
Monika Rawal Kukreja (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 16, 2023)

The kind of fandom that actor Sidharth Malhotra enjoys is unmatched! His loyal fanclubs never miss an opportunity to ask their favourite star questions that let them know him better. As Malhotra celebrates his 38th birthday today, we have a little something that will make his fans happy. As it had been quite some time since the actor did an #AskSid session on Twitter, we asked him to answer some fan questions we’d received on Twitter during a recent interview with HT City. Check out how Malhotra spilled the beans in this rapid fire round...

After Shershaah, are you and Kiara Advani doing director Shashank Khaitan’s next?
Hahaha, all in good time. We want to make a certain announcement in a proper way. As and when all the things are in place, it will be announced. So far, I think I have enough and more for my audience with a busy 2023 and three different big projects coming up.

If a remake were to be made of an Amitabh Bachchan film, which one would you want to be a part of?
I am a big Bachchan fan. It’s so funny that you talk about him because this is the first time in Mission Majnu that I get to portray a character which is from the ’70s. So, our references for silhouette of shirts and pants were a lot from Bachchan sir’s earlier body of work. Not that I have tried to emulate him but I feel he’s a true hero and star in the action zone. It’s actually very difficult for me to pick any one film. I love them all, from The Great Gambler, Zanjeer to Deewar, Kaalia. With Mission Majnu, I have lived little bit of his times, his look and his era in my head.

Three things on your bucket list for 2023
To do a superhero film or a play a superhero character. Maybe produce a film, or get involved as more than an actor on a project. And third, try to take up some interesting project, internationally.

When would you be back with stubble or full grown beard?
They should ask (filmmaker) Rohit Shetty for that. Indian Police Force is a massive show, so we’re taking a while to shoot at different locations and different sets. Whenever my fans have seen me in the recent months, it’s all thanks to Rohit sir and the IPF look. We still have more shoot left to finish. Then people will see me in a different avatar.

What’s next after Mission Majnu, Yodha and Indian Police Force?
Something very interesting is brewing, which is in the pipeline right now. As and when we have the correct title, we will make the announcement.

You’ve slowed down in your film promotions post-pandemic. Why aren’t you more active on social media?
Oh really? They’re finding a difference in me pre- and post-pandemic? There’s more energy being put into content development or working on a project to make it more polished and certain level in quality, as my endeavour is always to contribute to my movies. But, thank you for reminding me, I’ll do a quick chat on social media soon.

When are you doing an out-and-out love story?
Oh, actually that’s number four on my bucket list this year (laughs). I’m with my fans on this, and as I said, we’ll make it soon... it’s all in the pipeline, hopefully soon we will let everyone else know.

We loved your chemistry with Shraddha Kapoor in Ek Villain. Would you team up with her for Malang 2?
Oh wow! I like that they’re now asking me for specific films. It’s so exciting to see their level of excitement and love. Well, I don’t know what Malang 2 is about but Shraddha for sure. Whenever we meet, we’ve always spoken about doing a film or project together. Now, it’s up to a director to come up with a film and a story that both of us feel extremely excited about.

Have you and actor Disha Patani performed action together in Yodha?
Yes! Disha is someone who loves action genre, which I realized while shooting Yodha. People will be very happy to know that she’s done some really cool moves and action bits in the film.