Bride-to-be Guneet Monga: I am still a producer; I am producing my wedding now

Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; December 5, 2022)

“It is like making five films in one go,” quips Oscar-winning producer Guneet Monga while describing the prep for her forthcoming wedding with entrepreneur Sunny Kapoor. The couple will get married in Mumbai on December 12, and a few functions will be held in Delhi.

“Mumbai has given me a home even though I was born and brought up in Delhi. Since I am too filmi, I said, ‘Aapko doli toh mere ghar se hi le kar jaani padegi’. That’s how Mumbai was decided,” says the 39-year-old.

Asked if she has turned into a bridezilla, Monga says that more than her, her sisters have turned into sisterzillas: “They are protective of me. But I’m having a blast. I’m still being a producer; I’m producing the whole wedding.” 

Monga met Kapoor through a dating app, and she says that “Sunny is the manifestation of everything” she wanted in life. “There’s a picture of Sunny and me with his parents, where we are holding photos of my parents. That’s everything in life,” shares Monga, who lost her parents when she was 23.