Lauren Gottlieb
The actress is taking tips from her photographer boyfriend Tobias Jones for her role
Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; October 8, 2022)

Lauren Gottlieb is now back in Bollywood after taking a brief break during which she had moved to her home in the USA. The dancer-actress, who made her showbiz beginning in India with the ABCD franchise and dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, trained in acting in the US recently.

She has now signed a venture, which has an interesting connect with her personal life. Shedding light on the development, Lauren shares, “It is a massive film and gives me an opportunity to play a role that I have wanted to for so long. It’s a family entertainer and I have shot for it in London. I had to learn the British accent to play my part.”

Lauren, who plays a photographer in the film, took some tips from her UK-based boyfriend, Tobias Jones, a photographer himself, for her role. While Lauren is known for her dancing skills, this film allows her to push herself as an actress. “I am not doing any dancing in the film. I play a photographer. It is interesting because my boyfriend is a photographer. So, I have been stealing his moves and the way he works. I also have an English accent in the film; luckily, he is British. So, I am learning that from him as well (laughs),” she says.

Talking about her return to Bollywood after her recent break, she shares, “During March this year, I started getting calls for projects from India. It reminded me of the time when I first got offers for projects in India many years ago. My career in the US was taking off (in late 2000s), when I turned to India. Now, after learning acting in the US, I am happy that work has brought me back to Mumbai.”

In an interview with Bombay Times earlier, Lauren, who was single then, had opened up about coming back to an empty home after working on a buzzing film set and how lonely that made her feel. Now that she is in a relationship, does she feel happy that she has someone to fall back on?

Lauren says, “Both of us are in such fields that we are required to travel a lot. I was just happy that two of my recent projects that rolled in London gave me the opportunity to spend time with him. This is my first relationship where my boyfriend understands my work schedule, as it is very similar to his. We have also been talking about him visiting India,” says Lauren.

When prodded about her relationship further, she shares, “Tobias and I have been together officially for a few months now. Before that, for over a year-and-a-half, we were chatting and flirting long distance. We are not rushing into anything or thinking about marriage immediately. Right now, we are enjoying the dating phase.”