I HAVE NEVER
CHASED
SUCCESS,
SAYS
KAREENA
For Kareena Kapoor Khan, spending time with family and doing quality work is all that matters
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; October 11, 2022)

In a career spanning over two decades, Kareena Kapoor Khan has featured in 63 Bollywood films. But, unlike most celebs who like being in the limelight, the actor says she’s never run after fame. “I have never chased success, or been like, ‘I have to associate with this brand, I have to be seen at this party or I have to post this picture on Instagram’. I don’t think like that,” says the actor, 42, who started her journey in the Hindi film industry with the 2000 release, Refugee.

Khan is enjoying the current phase of her personal as well as professional life. She was last seen in Laal Singh Chaddha and she is now looking forward to her upcoming projects with filmmakers Sujoy Ghosh and Hansal Mehta, and producer Rhea Kapoor. While she is passionate about her career, the mother of two admits that her family is her priority.

“I am the kind of person who won’t do a film if I have a holiday planned around the same time. My loyal fans love me for that — standing for what I believe in. I am not worried about success or failure. Every film won’t be 100% [successful] right? It is the most normal thing and people have to understand that,” says the actor, who is currently shooting in London for Mehta’s next.

Khan adds, “Now, I am at a stage where I want to work at my pace. I want to do two good films a year, something that excites me.”