‘We don’t look atsocial media inmy house’
Sunny Leone is trying to infuse a sense of normalcy in her kids’ lives with a no- social-media rule
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; September 25, 2022)

Actor Sunny Leone understands the constant scrutiny on her three kids as she leads a public life, but she is trying hard to infuse a sense of normalcy as they grow up. The no-social-media rule at her house is for the same reason.

“My children (Nisha, Asher and Noah) are too young to understand the scrutiny on our lives, and they don’t need to. We still have time to make them understand about life, people, their own bodies and the ever-changing things that are happening,” says Leone, who along with love, also faces trolling on social media.

The 41-year-old, who is married to Daniel Weber, continues, “My kids are between the ages of four and six. Our worries and what’s going on in the rest of the world is none of their concern at the moment. They need to be children right now.”

Here, the Anamika actor asserts that the only thing on her mind is capturing moments of them growing up: “The only thing they need to worry about is that we spend time together and how we spend time together. We don’t look at social media in my house, and I don’t plan to show them for as long as I can. They don’t need to enter that world just yet.”

But how does one handle the negativity on social media, especially when family gets involved? “Everybody who is in showbiz and on social media, we are all being judged for something or the other. It’s all about understanding the science behind that negativity, which I often break down to: those people don’t know me,” she replies, adding, “I don’t know them, and they are not just talking bad about me. They are talking about everybody. It’s like a bad circle of negativity around them... So, I don’t take it personally and I move on with my day. I think maybe such people need a little bit of help for talking so negatively.”

On the subject of balancing time with family and work, she tells us that she and her husband talk about it with their kids. “We talk to our children all the time about how important it is that mummy and daddy go to work. And when we promise them that they have a certain time with us, we keep our promises,” she concludes.