MAY I COME
IN, PROF
KUNDRRA?
Karan Kundrra, who turned professor for a day, talks about his teachers in life, career
Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; September 5, 2022)

To celebrate Teacher’s Day, actor Karan Kundrra surprised the media students of a college in Mumbai. Called in on the pretext of having an exam, the students were stunned when Kundrra walked into the classroom. During his 30-minute class, Kundrra spoke about his process of getting into character, his philosophy of not endorsing brands that might not send the right message to the youth and how education is important in any field.

Kundrra admits he was nervous before walking into the class: “Today’s youth is so much more evolved... So, I was like pata nahin kya hone wala hai, bas beizzati nahin honi chahiye.”

Recollecting his time as a student, the 37-year-old shares, “Because of the generation I come from, the respect I had for my teachers was as much as we had for our parents. We knew that these are the people who are moulding us for tomorrow... Bahut maar padti thi mujhe!”

Ask who is the one person from the industry who has taught him a valuable lesson and Kundrra doesn’t hesitate to name actor Anil Kapoor. The two shared screen space in the 2017 film Mubarakan, and Kapoor gave him a piece of advice of treating each shot extremely seriously. “Recently, I met him on a reality show and I told him, ‘Sir, jo advice aapne mujhe di thi, that has made me think very differently about how I pursue every take’,” he adds.

During a rapid-fire round, we ask him what subject he feels his girlfriend, actor Tejasswi Prakash, should teach. “She should teach ‘How to get away with murder’,” he jokes, as it seems she can get away with anything! Head to HT City’s YouTube channel to watch the video.

MAY I COME
IN, PROF
KUNDRRA?