The musical will be directed by Anurag Basu and the soundtrack will be composed by Pritam
BOMBAY TIMES (September 5, 2022)

The 32-year-old partnership, formed in 1990 with Aashiqui, between T-Series and Vishesh Films, continues with their new project, Aashiqui 3. Producers Mukesh Bhatt and Bhushan Kumar are set to reunite for the much anticipated third instalment of the Aashiqui franchise with director Anurag Basu. The music will be scored by Pritam and the film will star Kartik Aaryan in the lead. The team began the collaboration on a positive and spiritual note by seeking Lord Ganesha’s blessings during Ganeshotsav.

The Aashiqui franchise that revolved around love and relationships with some great music has remained in the hearts of the audience to date. Mukesh Bhatt said, “On the evening of August 16, 1990, a day before Aashiqui’s release, Gulshan ji (Gulshan Kumar) and I were very nervous, but the next day records were broken and history was created. Today with Bhushan, Pritam, Anurag and the heart-throb of the nation, Kartik, I assure everyone that Aashiqui 3 will celebrate love like never before.”

Bhushan Kumar said, “The movies (Aashiqui franchise), whose storyline and music is etched in our hearts it’s time to relive that again. We are ecstatic to announce Aashiqui 3 in collaboration with Mukesh ji, directed by my all-time favourite, dada Anurag Basu. The film is sure to have a fresh side to it while retaining its true essence. We couldn’t have found an actor better than Kartik, a true rockstar in every sense, after the massive hits he has delivered; he truly fits the part to a T. Music is an integral part in this romantic musical, and along with Pritam, we aim to raise the bar higher. Working with such a dream team is something I look forward to. I can’t wait to recreate the magic again.”

Talking about headlining the film, Kartik Aaryan shared, “The timeless classic Aashiqui is something I grew up watching, and working on Aashiqui 3, is like a dream come true. I feel privileged and grateful for collaborating with Bhushan sir and Mukesh sir for this project. I’ve been a big fan of Anurag sir’s work, and collaborating with him on this one is definitely going to shape me in many ways.”

Director Anurag Basu added, “Working with Vishesh Films is literally like coming home, and I am glad that I am directing Aashiqui 3. Bhushan ji and I have a long-standing relationship and every outing together is even more exciting than the last one. He is a solid collaborator, who I am privileged to have by my side. Aashiqui and Aashiqui 2 were emotions for the fans that have remained in their hearts till date, the aim is to carry the legacy ahead in the best possible way. It’s my first venture with Kartik Aaryan, who is known for his hard work, dedication, grit and determination, and I’m truly looking forward to this one.”

Music composer Pritam said, “The Aashiqui franchise is known for its great music. I am glad to be part of this amazing franchise, and I will try to take it to the next level.”