Was clear ki kuch toh  bada karna hai: Jatin
S Farah Rizvi (HINDUSTAN TIMES; September 27, 2022)

Actor Jatin Goswami is basking in the success of his recent OTT outings, including The Great Indian Murder and the second season of Delhi Crime. He believes tables have finally turned for him, and people have started taking notice of his work.

“Stalwarts like Tigmanshu (Dhulia, actor-director) sir and Manoj (Bajpayee, actor) sir praising my work and me getting to share screen with the legendary [actor] Sharmila Tagore in the film Gulmohar is proof enough that I am moving in the right direction,” he tells us.

A graduate of the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, Goswami says he was clear from the very beginning that he had to succeed, come what may. “It was clear in my head ki kuch toh bada karna hi hoga. I had to find work and characters that give me proper screen space. And I knew how to add those extra nuances to make my characters stand out,” he shares, adding that the position he is at is something he has always dreamt of.

“This is something that once I craved for and today, I am getting to live it. As a performer, I can never be fully content with my career, so I guess the game will go on,” says the Anek actor.

Having started his career in showbiz with Babumoshai Bandookbaaz in 2017, alongside actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui, the actor has often been compared to the latter. But, he has no qualms.

“It’s absolutely fine, it means I am doing something right with my craft! But at the same time, I want to make it clear that I don’t ape him (Siddiqui) mindlessly,” says Goswami, who is shooting for his next series, Garmi, at present.