I LIKE BEING
VISIBLE FOR
THE RIGHT
REASONS:
SANYA
MALHOTRA
Calling herself an ‘introvert’, the actor says she likes staying low-key
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; September 13, 2022)

Sanya Malhotra is having a dream run as far as her career is concerned. With many hit projects to her credit, the actor is currently shooting for filmmaker Meghna Gulzar’s Sam Bahadur, rumoured to be next seen in Jawan, alongside actor Shah Rukh Khan, and she’s headlining the Hindi remake of the critically acclaimed Malayalam movie, The Great Indian Kitchen. Despite having her hands full, the Love Hostel actor is barely seen socializing or getting papped:

“I am an introvert, so I know main kitna apne aap ko push kar sakti hoon, and I am doing my best. It is actually working for me really well. I am getting work, I am visible for the right reasons — for the kind of work I am doing, and the brands I am associated with. I am very happy with how things are in my professional life.”

And while social media and brand value are imperative for artistes these days, the 30-year-old says her team knows how much they can push her. She says, “They push me at the right time. Being an introvert, I can get comfortable at times, [as] it’s a nice feeling to just stay home and not do anything for a week. But, I have realized that it’s a part of my job to be [out] there, and meet people from the industry.”

After delivering hits such as Dangal (2016), Badhaai Ho (2018) and Ludo (2020), she feels at home in the movies. “I’ve never felt out of place or unwelcomed [in Bollywood]. I’ve felt at home here since day one. It could also be because I debuted with a big film (Dangal). It gave my career a push and that’s why things are the way they are today,” the actor ends.