Aila judwa! Anil Kapoor’s lookalike has a ‘wild’ filmi dream
Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; September 21, 2022)

American bodybuilder Giovanni DelBiondo’s recent Instagram post, flaunting his uncanny similarity with actor Anil Kapoor, put him in media headlines, labelled as Kapoor’s lookalike. Interestingly, the fitness coach learnt about his resemblance to the Thar actor when people started tagging Kapoor in one of his earlier pictures. “I was like, ‘Wow, I do look like him’,” the 24-year-old from Virginia tells us.

DelBiondo isn’t unversed with Kapoor’s stardom. “I have watched numerous Anil Kapoor films. He has a cool swagger. My favourite film of his is Virasat (1997),” he says, adding, “My parents are into Bollywood and introduced me to it, as they appreciate different cultures and wanted to inculcate that in me. I am very lucky as many Americans don’t understand how wonderful Indian movies are. I have to say, my favourite films are from Bollywood, and not American films.”

The Hindi film aficionado, who also speaks the language, adds that getting a chance to act in a Bollywood film would be his “wildest dream come true”. “The first Bollywood movie I ever watched was Veer-Zaara (2004). I’ve seen every Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan movie. It’s a dream to meet Hrithik! He is amazing and I am a huge fan,” he mentions.

Apart from all the “kind messages” and comments, DelBiondo’s picture also got attention from actor Varun Dhawan, who shared the post tagging Kapoor and wrote: ‘Sir, yeh kab kiya?’ Filmmaker Karan Johar also liked DelBiondo’s post. However, the bodybuilder hasn’t spoken to any Indian showbiz celeb yet, including Kapoor. “I hope Anil Kapoor will reach out,” he ends on an optimistic note.