‘It’s important to learn the art of balancing mediums’
Deep Saxena (HINDUSTAN TIMES; August 18, 2022)

Actor Vineet Kumar Singh feels in today’s times when the numbers game in the entertainment industry is at its peak, it is important for projects to reach maximum audiences. That’s the reason he believes that there is a need to strike a balance between OTT and theatrical projects.

“I feel it’s really important for our work to be viewed by a wide audience. Box office numbers have never been my focus, but now things have changed. For actors like us, it’s mandatory to learn the art of balancing both the mediums,” the actor tells us.

Giving an example of his film Mukkabaaz (2017), he elaborates, “As compared to 4,000 screens to a frontline film, my film got around 400 screens. Around 80-90% of people have watched it on satellite TV or OTT. Today, when numbers matter the most, how can we compare 400 to 4,000 screens?”

The 43-year-old actor calls the OTT set-up “purely democratic” and adds, “Your work reaches whoever has a subscription. Whether they will watch it or not depends entirely on the content.”

The Betal actor is elated about his recent OTT series, Rangbaaz: Darr Ki Rajneeti. He says, “Not just India, I am getting calls from every part of the world. This has never happened before. I think my hard work has paid off.”

Going forward, he has lots of projects in the pipeline. “I have Siya ready, Dil Hai Gray and Aadhaar. I’m currently shooting for an OTT series. I have written a script with my sister (Mukti Singh Srinet) and she has also penned another script that we will pitch to the makers soon, keeping the box office factors in mind,” the actor shares.