‘IT HAS BEEN
MY MOTHER’S
DREAM THAT
I HAVE A BABY’

Mum-to-be Bipasha Basu Singh Grover is grateful for this new chapter in life
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; August 19, 2022)

Actor-couple Bipasha Basu Singh Grover and Karan Singh Grover, who announced their pregnancy on Wednesday, say they had been trying for a baby for a long time but put it on hold when the world was hit by the pandemic. Talking exclusively to us about this new chapter, Bipasha reveals that it was, in 2021 when she and Karan again thought about starting a family.

“The plan was definitely to focus on that (having a baby). I did not take up any kind of work at first because I wanted to have a baby, [but] then I started working again. So, it took me a little time. But we completely dropped the idea in 2020 because we didn’t know where the world was going [due to Coronavirus]. So, for one year, we took a break from trying [to conceive]. And in 2021, we decided to try again, and God has been kind. We conceived!”

The 43-year-old doesn’t reveal when the baby is due, but we have got to know that she is in her second trimester and is five months pregnant currently. Recalling the moment she found out she was pregnant, she shares, “It was a very emotional day. I remember Karan and I running to my mother’s house. She was the first person I wanted to tell. Everyone was emotional. It has been my mother’s dream that Karan and I have a baby. I always had faith that it would happen. I am more than grateful for this.”

The couple got married in 2016 and this will be their first child. Bipasha harks back and says that she is aware that she got married a little later than the usual norm, but asserts, “When you find a partner late in life and settle down late, as a person you are extremely mature and responsible, and you know when exactly you will be responsible enough to give birth to another life. It was a proper decision between us. We decided to not have one until we are able enough.”

Bipasha is considered one of the fittest artistes in Hindi films. Ask her how she is feeling about all the changes that happen during pregnancy, and she says, “There have been a lot of changes, and I am absolutely comfortable with everything.”