Wish I had said yes to all the films, says Tanishaa

Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 17, 2022)

Tanishaa Mukerji entered Bollywood about 20 years ago, but she acknowledges that she hasn’t accomplished much in her career. And that is what she is attempting to alter now. “When I look back, I wish I had said yes to all the films [good and bad that came my way],” Mukerji tells us.

Ask her what makes her think like that today, and the 44-year-old shares, “I have realised that every action teaches you something. And it’s better to act in more films, to make those mistakes, to take those risks, because everything teaches you.”

After her debut in 2003 with Sssshhh..., the actor went on to do several projects, including Neal ‘n’ Nikki, Popcorn Khao! Mast Ho Jao (both 2004), Tango Charlie, Sarkar (both 2005), Sarkar Raj (2008), Code Name Abdul (2021), among others. And she doesn’t want to disassociate with any of her past projects.

“I don’t think that’s possible for me because I’ve done so few and I’m really happy with all that I have done! Every role contributed to bringing me to this point in my life, and since I love where I am right now and the person I have become and am still becoming, I thank every role that got me here,” she notes. 

The actor feels she is in a new phase of her career, and just wants “to be out there trying new things, working on characters with many layers”.

She adds, “Today, the roles coming my way have become more multi-layered, just like me. They are very interesting too. And sometimes it’s funny because I can’t believe that someone perceives me this way, and it’s nice to see that I have been getting offered a lot of roles to play the perfect wife, which I don’t think I am as yet.”