Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; July 17, 2022)

Sai Tamhankar’s dream of buying a new house in Mumbai has finally come true. The actress, who hails from Sangli, moved to the city in 2005 to pursue a career in showbiz. After many years of hard work, she has finally realised her goal of owning a home here.

Talking about her new home, she says, “I have been waiting for this moment. Achieving things on your own gives you a different high and a sense of power. There are a few occasions in your life where you feel proud of yourself, and this is one of those times.”

Sai’s house is on the 45th floor of a high rise in Malad. About her pad, that’s currently being done up, she says, “It’s quite a bright and breezy 3 BHK apartment. My interior designer and I are working on creating something minimalistic. I am going to put up a lot of plants in the house. One of the bedrooms will be converted into a walk-in closet. I’ve always wanted that as I have a huge collection of clothes, shoes and bags, and they deserve a separate room.”

The Mimi actress, along with her family members, had a puja at her home recently. For the happy occasion, she wore a beautiful paithani saree. Speaking about why she chose to wear this sari, Sai says, “I chose this paithani because my sister had gifted this to me during her wedding. She stays in New Zealand now, far away from me. I wanted to feel her presence during this auspicious occasion, so I chose to wear this sari for the puja. It felt good.”