Vivek reveals he has stress fracture from ignoring cartilage tear for more than a year
HINDUSTAN TIMES (July 12, 2022)

Vivek Agnihotri, director of The Kashmir Files, has opened up about a cartilage tear in his knee, which has now given him a stress fracture as well. The filmmaker said he has finally started his knee therapy after suffering the injury last year.

Sharing a picture of his bandaged knee, Agnihotri wrote on Twitter on Monday, “Finally, knee therapy begins. Fully ignored Miniscus (cartilage tear) for 1.5 yrs due to #TheKashmirFiles. Kept limping. It became worse. Now I also have stress fracture. (sic)”

He further shared a few pics of himself, standing with a walking stick for support, presumably on the sets of The Kashmir Files. The 48-year-old wrote, “This was the day — Dec 24, 2020. When I slipped and tore my cartilage. Doctors asked me to rest it out for six to eight weeks. But like they say, the show must go on. Show went on, uninterrupted, for next 18 months but my knee worsened. Today, whom do I blame for this ‘self-inflicted-fracture’? (sic)”

Vivek reveals he has stress fracture from ignoring cartilage tear for more than a year