Siddharth refused Judwaa 2 as he didn’t want to play ‘bachpan ka role’

Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 18, 2022)

Siddharth Nigam’s year started on a mellow note. However, by the middle of the year, “things picked up” for the actor. “I was waiting for something good to happen and I got an offer for a film and I’m really happy with that,” shares the 21-year-old. Ask him if he is talking about actor Salman Khan’s upcoming multi-starrer Kabhi Eid Kabhi Diwali, and he says “yes”. 

Nigam, who is active on TV, has been away from the big screen for some time, despite making his debut in 2013 with Dhoom 3, where he played the roles of young Sahir and Samar (actor Aamir Khan’s character). He also had a cameo in 2017’s Munna Michael, starring actor Tiger Shroff. However, since then, he has chosen to stay away from films.

Ask him the reason, and Nigam says, “I didn’t want to be in the category of a child artiste. That is the main reason why I took the break.”

In fact, he shares that he was offered Judwaa 2 (2017), wherein he “was asked to play the younger version of actor Varun Dhawan’s character” but he had to let go of the movie for the same reason: “I didn’t want to play a popular actor’s bachpan ka role. Main bada ho raha hoon, meri bhi beard aana shuru ho gayi hai, so my time is coming.” 

Talking about his current project, Nigam shares, “I’m really fortunate that I got this offer. I’m looking forward to it. I hope it works out well. Sharing screen space with Salman sir is a big opportunity and it’s a special moment for me.”

The upcoming film will also mark the debut of actor-singer Shehnaaz Gill. Nigam and Gill have already started bonding, and their Insta videos are proof. “She is very fun-loving and sweet,” Nigam mentions, adding, “Whenever we are together, we are not very serious. Hassi mazak hi hota hai. Meri mummy se unki bahut banti hai.”