Payal Rohatgi And Sangram Singh Are Reportedly Getting Married, 4 Years After Engagement

Payal Rohatgi and Sangram Singh have set July 9 as the date for their D-day and have been travelling around NCR and Ahmedabad to finalize their wedding venue
Divya Kaushik (BOMBAY TIMES; June 6, 2022)

Wrestler and motivational speaker Sangram Singh and actress Payal Rohatgi, who have been together for 12 years, will be getting married on July 9. The couple announced their wedding date online and are now searching for a venue. “We wanted to do a destination wedding in Rajasthan or Uttarakhand, but then realized that it would be difficult for our parents, who are very old now, to travel so much for the wedding. So, we thought that NCR would be the most convenient location for our families, and are looking at venues there. If things don’t work out in NCR, then we will have the wedding in Ahmedabad, where Payal’s family is based. Also, there will be a small celebration at my village in Haryana. People there have been waiting for my marriage as much as my parents (laughs)!” says Sangram.

I WANTED A WEDDING WITH ALL THE REETI-RIVAAZ: PAYAL ROHATGI

Payal adds that they have decided to have an intimate, traditional wedding, followed by a reception in Delhi and Mumbai for their friends. “We are certain that the wedding will just be attended by our families and a few close friends. We are planning to host a reception in Delhi and Mumbai a few days later for our friends. Sangram initially wanted to have a court marriage or a temple wedding and surprise our families, but I wanted a traditional wedding with all the reeti-rivaaz in the presence of our families. I think every woman wants to make her wedding day special and memorable in every way possible, and look her best. So, I want all traditions and rituals to be followed. I want to look pretty as it’s going to be a life-long memory. It will be a three-day celebration, and the wedding rituals will take place during the day on July 9,” says Payal.

MOST PEOPLE IN MY VILLAGE, GET MARRIED BY 22-24: SANGRAM SINGH

Both of them say that their marriage is the most-awaited occasion for their families. “There was a time when our families had given up on us. But we realize that our parents are old and we have to do things to make them happy. His mother’s dream is to see Sangram married,” says Payal.

Sangram adds, “I thought this was the right time. My mother has been waiting for this day for years. She started looking for brides as soon as I started working. Every Sunday, there would be a prospective bride’s family sitting at home. My mother would make excuses to make me come home early from work. Actually, most people in our village get married when they turn 22-24. Also, this time it was a spontaneous decision to get married. Payal was a part of a reality show, where I saw that her co-contestants would often tease her with my name and she even cried. I didn’t like that, and we have been together for years now, so I thought that let’s get married. I wanted July 21 as our wedding date as that’s also my birthday, but my mother said that there is no mahurat for weddings after July 9, so I had to agree on that.”