Has Prabhas replaced Ranbir Kapoor in Sandeep Reddy Vanga's Devil?

Neeshita Nyayapati (BOMBAY TIMES; June 5, 2022)

During his recent visit to Visakhapatnam, Ranbir Kapoor, who was accompanied by filmmaker S S Rajamouli, spoke about his admiration for films made in the South. He shared that there is a long list of south actors who he admires. “I’m a huge fan of South Indian cinema. There’s Rajini (kanth) sir, Kamal Haasan sir, Chiranjeevi garu, Pawan Kalyan garu. All of them are exceptional actors. From the younger generation, Ram Charan and Jr NTR are dear friends of mine,” he said.

He further added, “I love the swag of Pawan Kalyan garu. In fact, I like them all, but if I had to pick my favourite actor from the South, it would be my ‘darling’ Prabhas. He’s a close friend of mine, and I love his work. ”

Talking about the love for cinema among the people there, he said, “I’m always surprised and overwhelmed with the love that I receive in the south. The passion for cinema that the audience has here is inspiring,” said Ranbir.

Ranbir, who tied the knot with Alia Bhatt in April this year, said he’s seen Alia work hard to learn Telugu and hopes to take up the language, too. “Alia spent the whole lockdown learning Telugu for RRR. I learnt the words chaala santosham ga unnanu (I’m very happy) from Alia before coming here,” he added.