neha mehta, taarak mehta ka ooltah chashmah

The actress is yet to get her pending dues from the makers of Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
Tanvi Trivedi (BOMBAY TIMES; June 24, 2022)

Neha Mehta, who quit Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah (TMKOC) two years ago, says she is yet to receive her pending dues from the makers of the show.

The actress, who recently finished shooting for a Gujarati film, says, “I acted in TMKOC as Anjali Mehta for 12 years before quitting in 2020. The last couple of months’ money is pending. After I quit the show, I called them a few times regarding my pending dues. I don’t like complaining, so I’m hoping that there will be a solution soon and I will get my hard-earned money.”

Post TMKOC, Neha hasn’t bagged another show on TV. She says, “I am waiting for good offers. TV is a great medium and has given me a lot. But I did not want to jump on to another show soon after acting in one for 12 years. I am also focusing on new concepts and working on my own production house. I hope to start work on a web show soon.”

She adds, “The web is a great alternative medium, but it can never replace TV. Television has a mass following and in India, people still enjoy watching TV very much.”

We texted producer Asit Kumarr Modi, but he didn’t revert.