Payal-Sangram to have a ‘simple temple wedding’ on July 21
Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; May 21, 2022)

After a courtship of 12 years, actor Payal Rohatgi and wrestler Sangram Singh are finally set to tie the knot. We have exclusively learnt that the couple will have a simple wedding on Singh’s birthday, July 21. They are done with the pre-wedding shoot and will start shopping for the big day soon. Their wedding outfits will be styled by a Delhi-based brand, Study By Janak.

While Rohatgi maintained an “I cannot confirm or deny anything” stance, Singh, on the other hand, confirmed the news, saying, “I am extremely happy. We have been with each other for 12 years and it’s time to get married. Even our parents have wanted us to get married for a long time. I don’t think I can find a better girl than Payal. She is extremely genuine.”

He says that it will be a “simple wedding on my birthday”. Singh adds, “I believe marriage is just a thappa (stamp) that is needed for society, but I think it is important, especially for a girl’s respect. We will have a temple wedding with all the rituals as per the Arya Samaj. The wedding will take place either in Gujarat or Haryana. We will have haldi and mehendi ceremonies, too,” he says.