Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 13, 2022)

Although Jatin Sarna’s role as Bunty in Sacred Games earned him widespread acclaim, the actor went through a period where he didn’t get the work he wanted. To top it off, the pandemic made it even more difficult for the 37-year-old to find roles that he loved.

“While worrying about tomorrow, I stopped living in the present. And instead of being grateful for what I have, I started looking at what else I could do. And that led me to depression,” Sarna says.

The ’83 actor continues, “I wasn’t getting the kind of work I wanted. And I used to wonder, ‘Why am I not getting work when people know I’m a good actor?’ I felt that nothing was happening around me and started feeling low and depressed. Moreover, I was staying alone. So I was even more unhappy because I love being around people.”

Sarna didn’t take “any clinical help” but “a year of introspection” and “good friends” helped him heal. “I am sorted now. I understood that it’s better to enjoy life. Above all, I had to think about myself that it is my life and I cannot destroy it. I thought of my family as well,” he ends.