Shraddha Kapoor isn’t perturbed by the gap in her career that Covid-19 triggered, calls her problems ‘way smaller’ compared to others
Juhi Chakraborty (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 9, 2022)

The last two years of the Coronavirus pandemic were tough for many. And, actor Shraddha Kapoor, whose last theatrical release, Baaghi 3 (2020), came out just before the pandemic hit, says, “All of us who come from privileged backgrounds should empathise with the underprivileged, who do not have the resources we have. I know of a lot of people who faced hardships [during the pandemic]. It has been tough.”

On the huge unforeseen gap that has happened in her career, the actor says, “I feel I am in no place to complain about how the pandemic affected me. Compared to what other people went through [during the pandemic times], my problems are way smaller.”

Now, Kapoor is happy to see that the worst is over and that the film industry is getting back on its feet with films beelining for release. “It is wonderful that the film industry is bouncing back. Covid-19 is something we are learning to deal with,” she adds.

The actor has been shooting for director Luv Ranjan’s next, alongside actor Ranbir Kapoor during the pandemic. The makers announced that the film would release on March 8 next year: “I am excited to work with Luv and Ranbir. I’m also excited for the audience, who will see me in a new role. I have admired Ranbir since his first film and I am super thrilled that we are finally working together.”

She celebrated her 35th birthday in Goa with her family last week. The actor says, “It’s the best way for me to celebrate my birthday. These are precious moments with family and I love being with them and making memories.”

Ask her about her birthday wish for this year, and the Chhichhore (2019) and Street Dancer 3D (2020) actor says, “I just want to keep bettering myself as a person, from who I was yesterday and I want to make the world a wee bit better. I want to be the voice of the voiceless. I also want to help the underprivileged in whatever way I can.”