Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; February 4, 2022)

Actor Sharvari Wagh’s first big screen outing, even amid the uncertainty due to the pandemic, was released in theatres. Bunty Aur Babli 2 (2021) saw her star alongside Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji and Siddhant Chaturvedi. She says, “Life has been good since then. I get recognized (by public) sometimes, which is unusual since I’m not used to it. But I’ve been looking forward to such days.”

Wagh says the fact that the film was released in theatres sweetened the deal for her: “We made the film for the big screen... My friends and family were ecstatic to see it in the theatre. I was elated that the people who had supported me for so long would be able to see the film the way we had hoped.”

However, the pandemic naturally had an impact on the film’s box-office collections. The 25-year-old says, “Every film has its fate, and additionally, we have the pandemic. Of course, it was highly disappointing. But I feel that there is nothing we can do after Friday. I am very proud of my film. It gave me an opportunity to showcase my craft.”

The actor has her next film lined up, but can’t talk about it yet: “Choosing a film is easy for me. If I am interested in the story, and if my part has something to tell, it’s a win-win.”