The actor says she is good at blocking out negative comments on social media
Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; February 4, 2022)

Actor Disha Patani has frequently been the target of relentless trolling on social media for her bold fashion choices. The most recent example of this were the bikini photos from her Maldivian vacation. But, the actor is unbothered.

“I’ve learned to block out the comments from people who choose to spread hatred rather than love on social media. Insta is a platform for self-expression, and I post what I enjoy. It’s as simple as that. I don’t pay attention to negative comments,” elaborates Patani.

Meanwhile, on the professional front, the actor made her Hindi film debut in M S Dhoni - The Untold Story (2016) and has since appeared in a slew of action films in which her male co-stars did most of the heavy lifting. The 28-year-old informs that going forward, the audience will be able to see her perform stunts as well.

Patani will next be seen in Ek Villain Returns and Yodha, and in the latter she will engage in high-octane action sequences: “Action and stunts have always been viewed as a man’s domain, but slowly things are changing, and I’m hopeful that women will be able to headline action films soon. I’d love to work on a film like Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001). That has been a dream.”

She goes on to share that one of her biggest career aspirations is to be a part of a superhero film. Patani shares, “I have always been a fan of this genre and Marvel movies. It would be great to star in a superhero film someday. The entourage of such films is extravagant, and shooting in that setting would be something I’d really want to do at some point in my career.”