Actor Ankita Lokhande, who married businessman Vicky Jain, speaks about the lavish affair for the first time
Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 10, 2022)

The wedding of actor Ankita Lokhande and businessman Vicky Jain on December 14 was nothing short of a fairytale. Lokhande’s exquisite gold bridal gown by Manish Malhotra, her walk towards the stage with Ganga aarti playing in the background, the groom’s unique entrance on a vintage car drew a lot of attention and admiration from her fans and well-wishers.

Speaking to us for the first time since her marriage, Lokhande says, “You need [to get] goosebumps when you’re getting married, and I had goosebumps.”

She goes on, “I had fun at my wedding. It was beautiful. People had tears in their eyes. Vicky cried when he saw me [in the bridal attire]. And I’m happy that I did that (made him feel that way) to him (laughs).” About her own emotional moment, she shares, “The minute I saw my dad crying, I started tearing up.”

Talking further about the three-day long affair, the actor shares, “Everyone has their own wedding plans. Vicky and I planned a few things too. Jo socha tha usse kahin zyada achchi ho gayi cheezein. We were excited and super nervous since it was a one-take thing. I always wanted my wedding to be different. My wedding was not too much tadak bhadak. It was very classy, just the way I wanted it.”

Lokhande adds that she was not a “finicky bride” and “knew exactly what she wanted”. She explains, “Being an actor, I visualise things quickly. I’m not a confused girl. My outfits were also classy. I wanted to wear minimal jewellery as I wanted to show the glow on my face. I was even particular that I wanted a red garland so that it stands out.”

Looking forward to Makar Sankranti
Lokhande and Jain will celebrate their first Makar Sankranti as a married couple on January 14, which will also be their one-month anniversary. She says, “In Marathi culture, Makar Sankranti is very important. It’s my first post marriage. So, it’s a big deal. My mum has already prepared and bought all the jewels made out of grains. There’s going to be a haldi and kumkum ceremony. The newlyweds are supposed to be in black outfits. I’m going to be all dolled up.”